Have you ever wondered if there is a way to do something about that chip in your tooth that detracts from the beauty of your smile? Or, perhaps you have a small gap between your teeth that looks unsightly and tends to trap food. Fortunately, we offer dental bonding to improve minor esthetic concerns. By building up areas of your teeth with what looks like additional tissue, we can guide you toward the beautifully reshaped smile you desire.
What Is Dental Bonding?
This is an “additive” cosmetic treatment that allows us to add what looks like more tissue in areas where you most need it. By applying a moldable material to your tooth, we can re-sculpt the length, shape, or appearance of your tooth, cover problems, and fill openings, for a reshaped smile that achieves your smiles goals. After we apply the material to the target site, we will shape it, dry and set it with a special curing light, and then polish your entire tooth for a beautiful, natural shine.
- Dental bonding is a simple procedure that will require one visit. It is also comfortable, so you will not require numbing.
- We will use composite to build-up areas of your tooth or to create a flat layer over your tooth to camouflage problems. We can customize the shade of the composite to match your surrounding tooth tissue for a beautiful, seamless, natural-looking finish.
- Bonding allows us to lengthen the appearance of too-short teeth, so you may achieve improved symmetry.
- We can repair minor damage like small chips so your tooth looks whole again.
- Dental bonding works to cover imperfections like stains and cracks for the look of an unblemished tooth.
- Bonding provides you with a way to fill gaps between your teeth so they appear to be touching. This may allow you to avoid the need for orthodontic treatment.
To learn more, schedule an appointment by calling (203) 878-6699. The specialists at Sensitive Care Cosmetic & Family Dentistry proudly serve patients and their families in Milford, Stratford, West Haven, New Haven, and all surrounding communities.