We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. Our office has always followed the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
You will notice some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team.
- Our office will communicate with you via text/email prior to your appointment to complete a required short pre-screening questionnaire.
- Prior to entering the office your temperature will be taken with a touchless thermometer along with a pulse oximeter reading.
- We have alcohol-based hand sanitizer throughout the office, you will be asked to use this upon entering the office.
- Please wear a mask into the office. If you do not have one, one will be provided.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, brochures or children’s toys, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments and waiting area will be managed to allow for social distancing 6ft apart.
- We have expanded our office hours: Monday thru Saturday 8am-6pm. We have also split the office providers into two teams to reduce the number of patients and team members in the office at any one time.
- All patients will pre-rinse with 1.5% hydrogen peroxide before all dental procedures.
- We will be disinfecting all common areas on a regular basis. The dental operatories will be sterilized using a EMist Electrostatic Disinfectant fogging system proven to be effective in eliminating viruses.
- All team members will be wearing protective equipment, masks, gowns, hair nets and face shields.
- Only patients with appointments will be permitted into the office. Children under the age of 3 can have one guardian accompany them.
- All paperwork will be sent electronically via email/text. We ask that payment for services be made over the phone or by using our online patient portal to reduce contact with the administrative team.
- We ask that you reschedule your appointment if you or anyone in your household has been sick in the last two weeks.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients as of May 20, 2020. We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Drs. Mitchell & Alex Quintner and the Sensitive Care Team